Events: Hasbro New York Comic-Con 2019 Press Event Features "Earthrise" and More
This afternoon Hasbro held a press event during New York Comic-Con 2019. At this event they presented the first reveals for the next part of the "War for Cybertron" trilogy: "Earthrise"! In this adventure, the Transformers have arrived on Earth in the year 1984 and their battle begins anew on a strange new world! As a bonus, there were several Generations Selects items on display (nothing new), cards from the Transformers TCG and a new "Deluxe" Cyberverse Class of figures! You can check out my photos from the event below.
Among the other takeaways from this event:
- The Autobot Shuttle was chosen to be included with Unicron because they could make it out of the same yellow plastic that is found on Unicron as spikes.
- Sound Barrier is the name of the "ramp" Battlemaster. There will be other "ramp/shield" Battlemasters.
- Hoist's towing mechanism can be used as a ramp connection.
- The Combat Deck piece inside the trailer can attach to Optimus Prime's back.
- Cliffjumper includes his famous cannon and skis to attach to him in vehicle mode!
- There will be at least one other "Weaponizer" style base like Ironworks.
- The "Cyberverse" figures on display are a new "Deluxe" Class. This is slightly smaller than Warrior Class but is more in line with the traditional Deluxe price point. Maccadam will be a build-a-figure spread across 8 figures in 3 waves next year. Each figure also features Blast Effects!
Stay tuned for more New York Comic-Con 2019 coverage this weekend!